All games are to be played at the time, date and place specified on the
schedule. A 10 minute grace period is given to teams if they need a little more time for
players to make it to the game. The game clock will start running no later than the
conclusion of the grace period.
Teams are not limited to the number of players per roster as long as they meet
the league fee and gender requirements.
If you know you may not be able to field a full team, please call a MITB Sports representative at
least forty-eight hours in advance and we will try our best to reschedule your game
and avoid a forfeit. Two league forfeits will result in being eliminated from the playoffs.
Three league forfeits will result in being removed from the league
● Call: 470-432-4408
● Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
In the rare chance that our league officials do not make it to the game,
teams have a choice to self-officiate or agree upon an official, a team member or
spectator is fine. Games will not be rescheduled. Game will count as official game.
All MITB Sports are intended to be recreational. Any player who is considered to be
excessively competitive and/or overly aggressive may be removed from competition at the
discretion of a MITB staff member.
A. Teams must have a minimum of four players present to start a
B. Teams unable to meet the format minimums may play an official match, with the consent of the opposing captain.
C. Games are played in two 20-minute halves. With a 5 minute halftime.
D. The clock will stop in the first half with less than one
minute remaining on all shooting fouls.
E. The clock will stop in the second half with less than two minutes remaining on all whistles, as long as teams are within 15 points.
F. Each team will receive two timeouts per half. Timeouts do not
● League basketballs will be provided. Teams are allowed to play
with a player’s ball, if both teams consent. League is not
responsible for any lost or damaged player items.
● Free Throw shots are worth one (1) point
● Field Goals (within the 3- point arc) are worth two (2) points
● Field Goals (beyond the 3-point arc) are worth three (3) points
○ The game will begin with a tip-off at half court will
determine the possession arrow.
○ Second half possession will be determined by the
● JUMP BALL
○ Jump balls will be awarded based on the direction of the
○ A jump ball will occur when:
■ The ball is held steady between two opposing players
■ The ball goes out of bounds and there is uncertainty
regarding last contact
■ The ball settles on the basket support
■ A double foul is charged
■ A simultaneous free throw violation by opposing
○ Following a score, the opposing team may throw-in
anywhere behind the end line. Following an out of bounds
infraction or non-shooting foul, the ball is given to the
opponent by the referee at the spot near where the violation
occurred. The inbounding player must:
■ Release the ball without stepping in bounds with
possession of the ball
■ Release the ball (by throwing) within 5 seconds
■ Not move, more than 3-feet on either side, from the
designated throw-in spot.
○ Each team has two (2) 1-minute timeouts per half. Timeouts
do not carry over into overtime. Each team is awarded one
timeout per overtime period.
○ If a timeout has been called during the first thirty-eight
minutes of the match prior to free-throw attempts, the clock
will resume upon the start of “live” play
○ Each team is allowed unlimited substitutions when ball is
not in play. Referee must be notified of request to substitute
players. Scorekeeper must be notified of substitutes by
○ To hold, push, trip, or charge into an opponent is illegal
contact. This must be tempered by the fact that fast
movement in the restricted area will result in some physical
contact. When no advantage is gained from contact, it is
■ The first player to establish a position on the court
without contact has priority.
■ The player moving into the path of another player
when contact occurs is generally responsible for
■ Players have the right to all space within their vertical
○ Dunking during regulation play is allowed; however,
hanging on the rims is forbidden. Unnecessarily hanging on
the rim can result in a technical foul.
○ Players called for illegal contact will be charged with a
○ Each player may accrue up to five (5) personal fouls a game
prior to disqualification.
○ Free-throws are awarded as follows:
■ One free-throw for a shooter whose goal is successful
and is fouled while shooting
■ Two free-throws for a shooter whose attempted goal
is unsuccessful or any intentional foul
■ One free-throw plus an additional free-throw (one
and one) for a common foul after the bonus rule goes
● If the first shot is successful, the second
free-throw is allowed.
● If the first shot is missed, play continues.
■ No free-throws are awarded for common fouls prior
to the bonus for double fouls
■ Intentional and flagrant fouls are two shot
free-throws and the ball will be put back in play at the
point of interruption.
○ Players from either team must remain in position along the
lane until the ball leaves the shooters hands. Opponents are
assigned the first space from the basket on either side of the
● TECHNICAL FOULS
○ Technical fouls are generally committed when the ball is
■ Disrespectfully addressing or contacting a referee
■ Unsportsmanlike language, gestures, etc.
■ Delaying tactics: after a score or before a throw-in
■ More than the allowed number of players on the court
■ Hanging on the rim
○ Technical fouls will result with the offended team receiving
two free-throws with no other players along the lane area.
The offended team will receive the ball at center court.
● TIMING VIOLATIONS
○ Back court violation results if the ball goes back into the
back court, without being touched by the defense, and is
○ 3-second rule: no player may remain within the free-throw
lane for over 3 seconds while on offense. One foot in or on
the lane line will constitute the player being in the lane
○ 5-second closely guarded rule: no player may hold or
dribble in the front court while closely guarded for 5+
○ 10-second rule: team gaining possession in its back court
must progress into the front court in less than 10 seconds.
■ Timing violations will result in change of possession.
● In both regular season, there will be one 3 minute overtime
○ In the regular season, if teams are still tied after 3 minutes,
the game will be scored a tie
● In the playoffs, there will be one 3 minute overtime to decide a
winner. If the game is still tied teams will complete another 3
minute overtime until the winner is decided.
● The clock will stop in the last minute in overtime on all dead balls
● Top teams will qualify for the playoffs.
● Standings for playoffs are decided by:
○ Overall win/loss record
○ Overall Point Differential
○ Head to head
○ Record vs. like opponents
○ Point differential vs. like opponents
○ Coin Toss
○ All players must arrive to their playoff games with a proof of